Hello Run Ozaukee Runners,
Please join us for our second annual “The Run Ozaukee,” in which we run across Ozaukee County on the Interurban Trail. Please see the attached flier for high-level event details, and consult the race guide linked here for course details. Do not miss out on this annual running event!
The event is intended to be fun and social. It is designed as a team run with four legs of different lengths to accommodate all runners in our group. Run it as a single, two-person, three-person, or four-person team depending on how many miles you want to take on.
Here are the highlights:
- Saturday, November 16, 2019: 7:00AM (Ultra) or 8:00 AM (Team) start at the Ozaukee/Sheboygan county line
- Four legs (10.0, 8.0, 5.1, and 6.1 miles) totaling 29.2 miles
- Finish line at Ozaukee/Milwaukee county line
- Party at Spanky’s Hideaway immediately following finish
- Contact Dan Jones ([email protected]) with questions or to register.
Here are the details:
The course is divided into four legs totaling about 29.2 miles of the Interurban Trail. Participate as an ultra, team, or independent runner:
- Ultra (7:00 AM Start) – run entire course yourself (29.2 miles)
- Team (8:00 AM Start) – combine with other runners, teammates take on designated legs:
- Leg 1: 10 miles
- Leg 2: 8 miles
- Leg 3: 5.1 miles
- Leg 4: 6.1 miles
- Independent – just come out and run one of the legs to be part of the fun!
For Independent runners, here are the starting times and locations at the various legs:
- Leg 1 (10.0 miles): 8:00 AM
- Interurban Trail at Co Hwy K (Pebble Beach Rd.), Cedar Grove, WI
- Leg 2 (8.0 miles): 9:20 AM
- Port Washington Park & Ride, 150 E Seven Hills Rd, Port Washington, WI 53074
- Leg 3 (5.1 miles): 10:30 AM
- Grafton Family Aquatic Center, 649 N Green Bay Rd, Grafton, WI 53024
- Leg 4 (6.1 miles): 11:10 AM
- PWSB Soccer Park, N143 W6499 Layton St, Cedarburg, WI 53012
Leg start times are based on roughly 8:30 min/mile pace for the overall course. The actual start time will vary depending on who is there at the designated times and if relay teams are coming through. Please be there well ahead of time.
Finish Line Party: 11:00AM-2:00PM
All, even if you don’t run, are welcome and encouraged to join the finish line party.
We hope you can make it.